Posted on 01/25/2017 at 12:20 PM by
Looking for a healthy new recipe to add to your meal plans? Check out this tasty recipe full of non-starchy vegetables and protein!
Greek Yogurt Spinach & Artichoke Dip Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Chicken
Serves: 4 - 6
- 1 large (4-5 lb.) spaghetti squash
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, diced (or just cooked chicken)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chopped artichokes, drained
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 6 oz. Provel cheese, divided
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the spaghetti squash in the microwave for 5 minutes. (This will help to cook the spaghetti squash quicker and make it easier to cut into - If you are using a smaller squash, cook for only 2 - 3 minutes).
- Remove from the microwave. Be careful, as it will be warm! Carefully cut in half, length-wise. Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the middle.
- Drizzle each with 1 Tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on prepared baking sheets and place in preheated oven. Roast for 35 minutes or until the flesh of the squash will shred easily when scraped with a fork; will be like spaghetti noodles.
- Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil and add the diced onion. Cook for 4 - 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Add the diced red pepper and garlic. Cook for 10 - 15 minutes, or until veggies start to caramelize and are soft.
- Remove from heat, and add the chicken, artichokes, chopped spinach, Greek yogurt, 4 oz of the Provel, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir well to completely combine.
- Once squash is done, carefully scrape each squash half with a fork, to fluff and create the noodles.
- Divide the mixture between the two squashes and top with the remaining Provel.
- Place back in oven and cook for 10 minutes longer, or until heated through.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Photo and recipe courtesy of: http://withsaltandwit.com/spinach-artichoke-dip-stuffed-spaghetti-squash-chicken/