Posted on August 8, 2017 at 9:57 AM by Iowa Weight Loss Specialists
Spice up your summer meals with these healthy summer produce inspired recipes that are easy to make!
Grilled Summer Vegetable Salad
*The best part about this recipe is that you can choose the vegetables you enjoy!
1. Prep grill to high heat.
2. Cut the eggplant lengthwise and remove the skin from the end pieces, salt both sides of each, slice liberally and let sit.
3. Husk the corn.
4. Chop summer squash and zucchini lengthwise.
5. Quarter the onion.
6. Remove tough ends of the asparagus.
7. Cut bell peppers in half; remove seeds and stem.
8. Rinse and dry the eggplant after it has sat.
9. Place all veggies on a tray and brush will olive oil.
10. Place the veggies on the grill until each side gets a slight charred. Corn and onions will take the longest so put those on first or leave on longer.
11. Cut each veggie into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Remove the corn kernels from the ear.
12. Slice the tomatoes in half and add to the bowl.
13. Toss the dressing and basil on top, stir to combine.
14. Top with cheese and serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Afamilyfeast.com
Sausage and Veggie Foil Packets
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. Stir together olive oil and spices.
3. Add to veggies and meat and toss until coated.
4. Separate into 2-3 pieces of tin foil and fold the foil together to create a packet of the veggies and meat.
5. Grill covered over medium heat for 16-24 minutes until veggies are crisp-tender.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: chelseasmessyapron.com
Strawberry Radish Salad
1. Mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil, toss with parsley and top with radishes, strawberries and onion.
2. Top with goat cheese if using.
3. Serve Immediately.