Posted on 04/14/2020 at 04:23 PM by Iowa Weight Loss Specialists
Why should I use telemedicine?
Whether you have a follow-up visit scheduled, you haven’t been into the clinic recently and would like to come back or you are a new patient that is interested in our services, we want to be able to provide care to you during this time of social distancing.
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine is a virtual appointment through computer, smartphone or tablet (with a camera) that will connect you with your provider in real-time, from the comfort of your own space.
What do I need for my telemedicine visit?
All you need is a computer, smartphone or tablet that is connected to the internet.
How do I schedule an appointment and how does the visit work? visit?
1) Call our clinic at 515-327-2000 to setup an appointment with a provider.
2) A text will then be sent to you with a link to download the Vidyo app for your future appointment. Please wait for the link that we send to you via text message to download the app. The download process is complete once you see the Vidyo green screen requesting portal. This is all that is needed prior to your appointment date.
3) On the day of your appointment, you will receive a text message that will include a protected link and PIN number for your appointment. The PIN will be 4-8 characters.
4) 5 minutes before your appointment time, click on the link from the text message you received today. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE VIDYO APP WITHOUT CLICKING THIS LINK. You will be asked to enter your name and your PIN number.
5) This will connect you with your Iowa Weight Loss provider via screen sharing and your visit will begin.
For any questions or to schedule your appointment today, please call Iowa Weight Loss Specialists at 515-327-2000. We look forward to seeing you soon!
*Our Telemedicine System is HIPAA secure for patient privacy and protection.