|Subscribe to Momentum Newsletter|
1. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1 ½ -inch chunks.
2. In large pot with steam basket, steam sweet potatoes and cauliflower with 1 inch of water in bottom of pot. Vegetables will be ready in about 10-12 minutes, or when fork tender.
3. Place in large bowl and mash the potatoes and cauliflower with the milk. Stir in the Greek yogurt, garlic powder, salt and pepper. If too thick, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Recipe and photo courtesy of www.thefitfork.com
1. Remove the stem and finely shred the Brussels sprouts. Using a mandolin or food processor works great for fine shredding.
2. Remove the stems from the kale leaves and stack. Tightly roll into a large pile, starting at the end, finely shred the kale leaves so they look like ribbons. Place the kale and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic clove and Dijon mustard. Combine until the mustard is dissolved in the liquid. Slowly whisk the olive oil into the lemon/Dijon mixture. Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Add the dressing to the kale/Brussels sprouts bowl and toss for 3-4 minutes until the kale and Brussels sprouts are wilted. Gently toss in the chopped almonds and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if needed.
Recipe and photo courtesy of www.delishknowledge.com