Section 1 - Dr. Eibes Video (Part 1)
The brief introduction below features Dr. Eibes explaining what to expect from the class, the Iowa Weight Loss Specialists team approach, and what options are available to you as a patient.
Please allow approximately 45 minutes for this section. Remember to write down any questions you may have and bring them to your consultation. This video includes the following information:
- Factors associated with weight gain, the recognition of obesity as a disease, current national statistics, and the impacts of obesity on your health and well-being
- Chronic conditions associated with obesity such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, sleep apnea, and some cancers
- Treatment options and goals for both medical weight loss and bariatric surgery
- The role of hormones in appetite control and hormone changes after surgery
- Comparison of weight loss outcomes for lifestyle changes (diet and exercise), lifestyle changes combined with weight loss medications, and lifestyle changes combined with surgery
- The effect of surgery on long-term weight loss, chronic diseases, and life expectancy
- Types of weight loss surgeries including advantages and disadvantages of each
- Risks and complications associated with surgery
- What to expect from your vertical sleeve gastrectomy surgery and recovery period
- Statistics for Dr. Eibes and Iowa Weight Loss Specialists based on data from over 2,000 surgeries
Please watch the following video to complete section 1.
Go Back Continue to section 2