Section 4 - Behavioral Health, Insurance, & Next Steps
Please allow approximately 20 minutes to complete this section. Take notes so that you are aware of the insurance process and requirements prior to surgery. Questions you have regarding insurance can be answered by one of our insurance specialists.
- Required psychosocial evaluation prior to surgery and topics covered
- Importance of pre and post-operative mental health support services available to patients including one-on-one and group sessions
- Prior medical diagnoses excluded for bariatric surgery
- Overview of insurance and billing process and components required to be finished prior to insurance approval
- Iowa Specialty Hospital admission process, what to bring from home, and what to expect during your stay
- Medications to avoid for surgery and restarting medications post-operatively
- Post-operative activity restrictions and anticipated time off work
- Post-operative pregnancy recommendations
- Requirements for stopping use of tobacco and nicotine products
- Possible side effects and complications following surgery
- Recommended clinic appointments after weight loss surgery
Please watch the following video to complete section 4.
Go Back Continue to section 5