Posted on 06/14/2018 at 02:47 PM by IWLS Dietitians
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 6 slices American cheese
- 2 large heads iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- Small red onion, sliced this
- ¼ cup light mayo
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp dill pickle relish
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Heat a grill or skillet on medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, seasoned salt, pepper and oregano.
- Divide mixture into 6 sections then roll each into a ball. Press each ball down flat to form a patty.
- Place patties on grill/pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. (If using a skillet, only cook 3 at a time to avoid over-crowding.)
- Place a slice of cheese on each cooked burger. Place each burger on a large piece of lettuce. Top with spread (see recipe below), one slice tomato, red onion and whatever else you like. Wrap the lettuce up over the top and serve. Enjoy!
- Spread: In a small bowl mix together all the spread ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.