Posted on 06/14/2018 at 02:20 PM by IWLS Dietitians
- 1 bag pre-chopped cauliflower rice, frozen
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 9 ounces smoked sausage, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add sausage and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil, add the cauliflower rice, peppers and onion, and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add about 1/2 cup of chicken broth and whisk to combine. Allow the mixture to simmer for 1 minute and then add the paprika and cayenne.
- Stir in the cooked sausage until combined. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!