Posted on 06/14/2018 at 03:43 PM by
- 6 pieces of shrimp
- 1 large shallot, minced (optional)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp cream
- Splash of white wine (optional)
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 serving of spaghetti, whole-grain
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water
- Cook pasta according to package. Reserve some of the cooking water for the sauce later. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Mince garlic and shallots and clean the shrimp if they aren’t already cleaned.
- Add butter to pot over medium heat. Once hot and melted, add the cleaned shrimp and cook for 90 seconds per side. Then add shallots and garlic and cook for another 30 seconds until soft.
- Add a splash of white wine, and the crushed red pepper. Try not to overcook them.
- Add cream to the shrimp and stir. The sauce should reduce nicely.
- Add pasta back into the pot and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. If sauce is too thick, add a bit of reserved pasta water to thin it out. Don’t make it too thin though!
- Serve immediately!