Posted on 01/18/2019 at 01:04 PM by IWLS Dietitians
1.5 teaspoon olive oil
1 lb ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
2 cups chicken broth/beef broth/water
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 (16 oz) can kidney beans, drained, rinsed (can choose black beans if preferred)
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Tip: Add in different chopped veggies for more nutrition and flavor such as carrots, peppers and spinach!
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Sautee onion and garlic until soft.
3. Place turkey in the pot and cook until evenly brown.
4. Pour broth or water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans and garlic. Season with chili powder, paprika, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Serve and Enjoy!
Yields: 6-8 servings