Posted on 06/14/2018 at 03:36 PM by
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp herbs, parsley and/or basil
- 2 tbsp red onion
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 8 twists of pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 large handful walnuts
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- While quinoa is cooking, slice cherry tomatoes and add to a bowl.
- Slice mozzarella balls in quarters so they are roughly the same size as the sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Add sliced mozzarella, minced red onion and minced herbs to the tomatoes and toss gently.
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, finely minced garlic and pepper. Pour half of the dressing over the tomato and mozzarella mixture and toss gently.
- Once quinoa is done cooking, strain if necessary so there is no water left in the pan, let the quinoa cool on a baking sheet for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Give the arugula a rough chop and add to a separate bowl.
- Once quinoa is cool, toss with the arugula and the remaining half of the dressing. Once combined, add the tomato mozzarella mixture and walnuts.
- Toss gently to combine and serve!