Overview of The Gastric Sleeve Surgery Process
Below you will find an overview of what to expect on your path to surgery as well as after surgery.
- Attend our free online weight loss surgery class and complete our new patient paperwork
- Connect with one of our experienced insurance specialists to check your benefits and coverage for bariatric surgery
- Meet with our bariatric surgeon and registered dietitian during an initial consultation
- Participate in supervised diet visits (# of diet visits will depend on individual program and insurance requirements)
- Labs to be completed during diet visits
- Nicotine testing for current nicotine users
- Complete a psychosocial evaluation with one of our behavioral health providers
- Obtain cardiac clearance by a cardiologist (if requested by our surgeon)
- Get program approval from our bariatric team. Your chart will be reviewed to make sure it is safe for you to have bariatric surgery.
- Obtain approval from insurance company (can take up to 14 business days) or private pay
- Attend last appointment with bariatric surgeon prior to surgery
- Complete pre-op physical (H&P) with your primary care provider for medical clearance for surgery
- Gastric Sleeve surgery day!
- Participate in follow-up visits
- Visits occur at 1 week, 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year, and then annually for life
- Labs will be drawn 3 months after surgery and then annually
- Post-op check-in with one of our behavioral health providers 3-4 months after surgery
- Attend support group with other patients who have had bariatric surgery
From our initial weight loss class to post-surgery, our team is here for you for every step of your weight loss journey!
Start The Weight Loss Surgery Process Today
Register For Our Free Weight Loss Surgery Class