Posted on June 14, 2018 at 2:57 PM by IWLS Dietitians
- 8 oz. whole grain elbow pasta
- 8 oz. shredded cheese
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Cook the macaroni according to the package’s instructions (about 8-10 minutes), until al dente.
- Place the spinach leaves in the bottom of a strainer, and pour the pasta over top to drain and wilt the spinach. Save about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Return the cooked macaroni and wilted spinach to the pot.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water to the pot, and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the remaining pasta water to thin, if necessary. Serve immediately.
*DIVIDE THE INGREDIENTS IN HALF IF YOU ARE MAKING A MEAL FOR ONE.