Posted on June 14, 2018 at 3:24 PM by IWLS Dietitians
- ½ head of cauliflower
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Break cauliflower up into bite-size pieces; place in a saucepan on the stovetop and cook until soft.
- Cut up chicken into bite-size pieces and place in skillet with olive oil, cooking on medium-high heat and stirring occasionally so chicken cooks thoroughly.
- While chicken is cooking, mince garlic and set aside.
- Once chicken is cooked, add garlic to the skillet and stir, flavoring the chicken.
- Once garlic starts turning golden in color, pour the soy sauce, sesame oil and honey overtop of the chicken, stirring to evenly coat the chicken.
- Add flour to thicken up the sauce and simmer chicken on low for 3-5 minutes, ideally placing a lid overtop of skillet.
- By now, the cauliflower should be done, so drain cauliflower and place it in a food processor; pulse for 5-10 seconds, until it resembles “rice” in size. Pour cauliflower rice into a bowl.
- Once chicken has absorbed most of the sauce, pour it over top of rice; drizzling any additional sauce from the skillet over top.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!